Product Brand: Gaugemaster
Product Code: 0000001340-000001339
Product Condition: New
The Dean Goods locomotive was designed in 1883 by William Dean and build at the GWR works at Swindon, these locomotives were based on the popular 0-6-0 small tender engine design and were fitted with inside value gear and modified boilers. 260 of these locomotives were produced between 1883 and 1899. 62 locomotives were taken over by the R.O.D (Railway Operating Division) in 1917 and sent over to France, 46 of which returned to Britain in the summer of 1919. 100 of these engines were used in the second world war and by 1957 they were all withdrawn from service.
Only one of these locomotives survived into preservation which is number 2516 and lives happily on display at the Swindon Steam Railway Museum.
- Smooth Running 5 Pole motor
- Pick ups on all drive wheels
- Pick ups on front and rear tender wheel sets
- High definition livery specification
- Separately fitted detail components
- Motor Gearing to reflect scale speed operation
- Highly detailed cab interior
- NEM Couplings
- 8 Pin DCC Ready
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!