Product Brand: Dapol
Product Code: 0000001649-000001648
Product Condition: New
The 58xx/48xx/14xx was a GWR tank locomotive designed for branch line passenger and freight work. Although the design is attributed to Collett, much of the actual locomotive was derived from the earlier 19th century George Armstrong designed 517 Class. Entering service in 1932, in all 75 were built and ran well into the 1960s with 4 surviving into preservation. An autocoach was often combined with a 14XX on many branch line operations. The driving cab on the autocoach meant that the locomotive could be controlled from there and negated the requirement to run the locomotive round at the end of the journey. This format was known as a push-pull train. The Dapol 14XX & autocoach will complement each other very nicely of any GWR/WR based layout.
- Die-cast running plate
- Fully Balanced and compensated die-cast chassis
- Die-cast and profiled wheels
- High level of separately applied detail
- Flickering fire light effect
- Removable cab roof reveals exquisite cab detailing and allows for effortless crew installations
- Sprung metal buffers and articulated screw coupling
- Prototype specific detailing including early and late tool box and lamp iron positions and step styles.
- Dapol’s proven motor and gearbox offering exceptional smooth performance and slow running capabilities
- DCC Ready, incorporating Dapol’s new ‘Quick-fit’ DCC and speaker design
- Un-numbered versions of each livery will be available so that you can model your local locomotive
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!